Grade control technology is changing the face of the construction industry and is enabling contractors to achieve unprecedented results of productivity, efficiency, quality and material cost savings among other benefits. Add Precision Grade™ 2D Machine Guidance (MG) to maintain a consistent grade and depth control for all projects. Choose Precision Grade™ 2D Machine Control (MC) for semiautonomous digging; operator controls the speed of the stick while the boom and bucket automatically adjust to maintain the target grade.
2D MG and 2D MC enable operators to increase their productivity by up to 50% by providing them with the information they need and functionality they’ve never had before.
2D MG leverages the existing machine monitor and eliminates clutter inside the cab.
The Link-Belt 2D Machine Control (MC) system enables operators to dramatically improve their productivity and accuracy.
The 210 X4 can be fitted with the Link-Belt® 2D Machine Guidance (MG) system to help improve excavator operations on projects such as trenching for underground utilities and pipelines, digging footers and basements, site prep, building roads and mass excavation. Simply input the target depth, cross slope, and or mainfall slope required from the job and the system will provide visual and audible indication to help the operator maintain a desired grade thus eliminating under or over excavating.
2D MG leverages the existing machine monitor and eliminates clutter inside the cab. The 2D MG system also utilizes external inertial measurement unit (IMU) sensors to provide highly accurate guidance at a lower cost compared to “in-cylinder sensors”.
- Utilizes the machine monitor for all 2D MG operations.
- The 2D MG monitor indicates the position of the attachment relative to the target grade at all times providing the operator the information he needs without relying on a grade checker.
- Measurement mode enables the operator to use the excavator attachment as a precise measuring tool.
- Guidance mode displays depth, attachment angle, height & depth limitation alarm.
- Guidance system only, operator is in full control of the machine.
- Operators are up to 30% more productive with 2D MG compared to without technology.
The Link-Belt 2D Machine Control (MC) system – available on Link-Belt 210 X4’s – enables operators to dramatically improve their productivity and accuracy while reducing their mental fatigue by automating the movement of the boom and bucket to keep the bucket cutting edge on the desired target grade. 2D MC is ideal for applications like trenching for underground utilities or pipelines or anything that requires the last pass to perfectly match the desired target grade whether it’s a flat or sloping surface. The 2D MC system adds a 10” Android touchscreen display with an intuitive user interface and a machine control joystick in the cab to engage the semi-automatic boom and bucket control.
- The operator controls the speed of the stick while the boom and bucket automatically adjust to maintain the target grade.
- The operator is in full control and can override the semi-automatic function at all times.
- Operators can now create smooth, flat or sloped surfaces more easily when the excavator is placed in Autos mode.
- Operators are up to 30% more productive with 2D MC excavator automatics compared to a 2D MG system.