As COVID‐19 continues to ramp up public health and economic concerns across the world, LBX is committed to safeguarding the health and safety requirements of our employees and business partners as we continue to serve the needs of our customers.
LBX continues to support its customers who depend on Link‐Belt excavators, material handlers and forestry equipment to help them face the challenges of this pandemic.
In our role as an essential critical infrastructure business, LBX continues to work closely with our dealers and supply chain partners to provide support for the range of machine and service requirements that result.
Though we are open, in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and our Kentucky Governor’s request to adhere to social distancing by limiting in-person interaction, effective immediately LBX is taking the following precautions…
- Employees that directly support our dealers and customers have access to the facility – including Parts Depot employees, positions responding to specific customer support issues, whole goods assembly activities, and business continuation operations.
- All other employees have been asked to work from home. This is to keep our employees safe and support the operations.
- Promoted social distancing, encouraged the use of proper personal protection equipment, and continued best practice hygiene efforts.
- Eliminated all external visitors to both locations in Lexington – our main headquarters and the Customer Experience Center – as well as our LBX do Brasil office in São Paulo, Brasil.
- Suspended all business travel – domestic and international – including regional sales and service managers.
- Steam cleaning each facility every weekend until further notice.
LBX will continue to monitor and adopt both global and local COVID‐19 guidelines and best practices to protect our employees, families, and community.
We appreciate your continued patience and support.
President and CEO
LBX Company LLC